Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crash Repairs Waterford City

Options
  • 27-10-2011 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hi all.

A friend is looking to get her car fixed - it's a dent in the side of the car. Probably needs to be panel beaten.

Any recommendations & where to avoid?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

Gerry Doheny Crash repairs on the cork road ive always found to be really good and cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

I got a dent in my car about two weeks ago and brought it to ryans crash repair out in the kilcohan industrial complex (just down the road from azzurri on the left hand side)

I have to say it was an excellent job he did!! And even drove me back home to save me getting a taxi and took the car back himself. Was out there at 9:30 that morning and had it back at around 5 that evening.

I went with him because he was way cheaper (and it was out of my pocket) than Gerry Kennedy & o keeffes etc!! Would recommend and go back to him if I had too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

just word of caution, ask whether the crash repairers have proper insurance on there premises security etc as i am a victim of havin my car stolen from a crash repairers during the night, it went into get wing replaced and sprayed and had to be in his garage over night but place was broke into my car and another were nicked and his insurer claimed he was,nt covered ended up out of pocket at the end of it all

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭daaave

+1 for gerry doheny-he's based on the cork rd. just behind walsh's car sales-cheap too!!

got a quote from one of the leading panel beaters in town first to repair a wing and gerry did it for a 35-40% less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

generally u,d wanna replace a wing rather than repair it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭daaave

it was only a 2" dent on the wheel arch-seemed pretty straight forward to tap/pull it out

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

I'd only go to a garage that has a proper spray booth,
    Gary Cokers is the only spot for me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭lassykk

Nypd wrote: »
    I'd only go to a garage that has a proper spray booth,
    Gary Cokers is the only spot for me

Had a bad experience with Gary Coker. Got the side of my car sprayed and a new door after a crash. Got the car back and the central locking wasn't working as they hadn't connected a wire... My electric windows weren't working as they had left the plug out and they hadn't repaired a deep scratch I asked to be fixed. Was very unimpressive especially given the cost. For the record he fixed the issues except the deep scratch but it involved two trips back during work hours

Have never used anyone else so not trying to plug some other panel beater. Just my experience with Gary Coker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭SillyMcCarthy

Gerry Kennedy, Cleaboy Business Park!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

+1 for Gerry Kennedy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Havent gone past or let anyone I know go any further then Gary Coker in a long time, top guy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

While Gary Coker is a nice person and very easy to deal with his work leaves a lot to be desired i had a job done by him last year and it wasn't right at all,seemed rushed and no care was taken had to go back twice and still wasn't right so i just took it elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Kizzles

+1 for Gerry Kennedy's. Excellent service.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

While Gary Coker is a nice person and very easy to deal with his work leaves a lot to be desired i had a job done by him last year and it wasn't right at all,seemed rushed and no care was taken had to go back twice and still wasn't right so i just took it elsewhere.
    my experience of him is that if dealing cash he'll quote you one price and if your saying your goin through insurance he does quote out again but at a much dearer cost for instance a wing which i wanted a quote to repair was coming in at 600 for cash but for insurer it was 750, mad when ya consider excess on a policy generally is €500

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭dzilla

Gerry Kennedy + 1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭lassykk

I got a full respray done in Slieverue Crash Repairs about two years and was delighted with the quality of the work.

I previously posted in this thread about issues I had with Gary Coker's work so I won't repeat myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    so you actually got your car back,i know a fella who never saw his car again after bringing it to slieverue crash repairs

• Registered Users Posts: 28,934 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Apologies for the resurrection, but any recommendations for crash repair, ideally within the city, or thereabouts?

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭amber69

Eamonn Murphy. Think he's up by the nct centre

• Registered Users Posts: 28,934 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

thanks for that, called up yesterday, just waiting on a quote

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭tobey

davie pickard. great price and unreal quality

Advertisement