Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Right Direction

Options
  • 27-10-2011 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭

Hi,

its my first time to post regarding this subject. I have created a few web pages previously which I wrote in HTML. These pages were static and only required updating with new content on a year basis.

I'm looking to design a more active website which I hope to update daily regarding news and events. I will also have a listing section which will need to change depending on a drop down list selected.

I started looking at Joomla and am wondering is a CMS website the best way to go. I'm learning as I go along so any advice on the correct direction to take would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭nager

For something like this wordpress is the way to go, IMO.

You can install the package - get a free theme - or buy one that you like.
    The internet is full of sites with lots of help - to get you going and help you along.

Have a look at sites here (for example)
    You can but a pre-made good looking site, with the ability to have a blog/news updates etc etc.
    Once you have it set-up - the maintenance is easy, and posting to the site or the blog is a doddle.
    Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭itsalltrue

how easy would it be in word press to change the front page and adding in ads from the likes of tradedoubler?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭nager

I haven't done it myself - but you can pretty much do anything with wordpress that you can do on standard website.
    A quick google will show you how to install ads in any wordpress site.

Advertisement