Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EWI Average Cost

Options
  • 27-10-2011 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭

Hey there,

Just trying to get my head around how much it costs on average to get this done.

We have a three bed detached bungalow built in the 40's so we can't look at cavity and would lose space with internal, it's around 110sqm floorspace.

Does anyone here have a similar house that they have had done and could let me know how much for?

Thanks guys
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,879 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Moved to Prices/costs

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Sengoku79

Thanks Muffler, didn't spot at time of posting.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Sengoku79 wrote: »
    Hey there,

Just trying to get my head around how much it costs on average to get this done.

We have a three bed detached bungalow built in the 40's so we can't look at cavity and would lose space with internal, it's around 110sqm floorspace.

Does anyone here have a similar house that they have had done and could let me know how much for?

Thanks guys
    it's not the floor space you want to give its the perimeter length x by the height

A rough guide for a mid-range job is 100€ a msq (please note there are alot of less than satisfactory installers on the market at the moment and) you will pay a premium for a proper job!

imo you should go to the top 3 manufacturer's and ask for their recommendations/ list of preferred installers. that way you have the systems technical guys for back-up (for example you could ring them mid way through a job for there opinion on something or even to check workmanship..)

ideally you should go a substantial distance below internal floor level with EWI and carefully overlap at the eaves with attic insulation(while retaining air circulation) and if you can adjust your windows to meet the ewi or even better replace at the same time.. do note that current ewi installers are required by their code of practice to provide wall vents..

if you look through the forum there's loads on EWI, do's and don't.. etc

Advertisement