Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fatality on Naas Road, Clondalkin

Options
  • 26-10-2011 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Probably not a CT of any kind, but does anyone know anything about a woman who died on the Naas Road near the M50 last Saturday morning (just past the bridge for Red Cow Luas)?

Traffic was held up and I clearly saw the outline of the woman - she had a cover placed over her by the Guards. Very shocking. But absolutely nothing about it in the papers or news that I can find. Someone posted a similar question on another forum but the topic has now been closed. There were flowers left on the bridge this morning but they were gone today. All seems very strange.

If anyone can tell me that would be nice.

p.s. I'm not a voyeur, and my heart goes out to her family, it just all seems so unusual that the incident appears to be completely unreported.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Aidan1985

I actually found out from my father that the woman was married to someone I know (not personally, just from seeing around). I feel sorry for the man. I heard that suicide isn't reported on the news for reasons such as suicide hot spots and stuff. How this helps somewhat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭TylerIE

Just seen this on the homepage but if its any use I live near a place thats frequently used by those committing suicide and flowers etc are almost always cleared up straight away - partly to avoid copycats and partly to avoid locals and passers-by being reminded on a daily basis of the particular tragedy and its circumstances, which would tie in with the previous poster's suggestion.

The papers really only report on what is of public importance or interest - so crime or collision related deaths or those of celebrities or people of public interest. Reporting the tragic sudden death of an adult would not really fall into that category.

Also the Gardai did mention an "incident" on their press page.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,444 ✭✭✭✭Penn

No CT here and no cause for speculation.

Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement