Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Employed PAYE worker, Director in non-trading company - do I fil out form 11/12

Options
  • 26-10-2011 8:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I'm still a director of a dormant company that never traded, never received any income from this venture. I'm working full time in a PAYE job now but the revenue seem to require me to complete a return. Does anyone have any advice as to whether I can avoid this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Do you own 15%+ of shares in company? If so you are classed as a proprietary directory and must file a form 11 return. If not then you can get away with it if there was no income. Talk to an accountant.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭dbran

Hi

If it a dormant company that has not traded for three years then you are not classed as being caught by the self assessment rules re being a company director even if your shareholding is more then 15%. If this is the case then call revenue and explain the situation and they should take you of the list of self assessed directors.

Kind Regards

dbran

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 BazD

Thanks Guys, really useful

Advertisement