Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commotion outside the arts block at around 11am today.

Options
  • 26-10-2011 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭

I was walking to the phoenix to change for training and I saw a load of people pointing camera phones at this guy under a tree, then someone threw a bucket of water over him and the crowd dispersed. Can anyone lend me some insight as to what the **** was happening?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

When I clicked on this I thought it was going to be about yet another pro-life protest -__- Thankfully not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Fbjm

Thanks for the input. ;)

Sorry :P Wasn't on campus earlier so I didn't see naatin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Guy had a seizure.

tvnutz wrote: »
    Guy had a seizure.
    Why the fcuk did people think it was a good idea to film it on their phones and throw water over him? That is absolutely ridiculous.

• Advertisement

tvnutz wrote: »
    Guy had a seizure.

Really? I thought it was something being filmed for tv, it looked pretty official. He was just standing there talking, then someone threw a bucket of water over him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Why the fcuk did people think it was a good idea to film it on their phones and throw water over him? That is absolutely ridiculous.
    Welcome to the human race. Someone's in trouble: should I help? Should I do something productive? Should I do anything remotely helpful? No, let's film it, stick it on YouTube and wait for the views to come rolling in

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Tesco Massacre

A guy has a seizure, so a bunch of dipsh*ts think the appropriate response is to film it on their phones?

Nice going, you useless fu*kers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

People were walking around with cameras all day long. Personally, I detest having cameras pointed at me, even if it's just me as part of the crowd in the canteen. People pointing cameras can **** right off.

That is just the opposite of admirable, if that's actually what was happening... though I don't think that's what happened, since he was standing there talking for a good minute or so before someone threw the water. Also, I only noticed it halfway through, but I never saw him on the ground.

• Advertisement

Fbjm wrote: »
    That is just the opposite of admirable, if that's actually what was happening... though I don't think that's what happened, since he was standing there talking for a good minute or so before someone threw the water. Also, I only noticed it halfway through, but I never saw him on the ground.
    You can have a seizure without actually falling to the ground/fitting, my friend has ones like that sometimes. They're called petit mals.

I still think it's disgraceful though. Why would it even enter your mind to film something like that. I despair for humanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Moon Indigo

It was part of a course I am on I suspect! If it was it was part of the filming being done. Just be thankful it wasn't you getting soaked. It was funny though. :D

It was part of a course I am on I suspect! If it was it was part of the filming being done. Just be thankful it wasn't you getting soaked. It was funny though. :D

Care to expand on that nugget of information?

I have a feeling it was what I think it was but not certain. Did it happened on Wed 26th between 10-10.30 ish?
    Part of the course was to do some filming and put together a news style programme. Hard to explain. No harm done I hope. If it was what I am saying I really don't understand the issue. If it helps we are just lowly first years! :p

I have a feeling it was what I think it was but not certain. Did it happened on Wed 26th between 10-10.30 ish?
    Part of the course was to do some filming and put together a news style programme. Hard to explain. No harm done I hope. If it was what I am saying I really don't understand the issue. If it helps we are just lowly first years! :p

Well it was more like 11, but it could've been your project. I only saw it from JH so I really don't know.

Really hope it was and no one was in trouble!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement