Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geography Field study

Options
  • 26-10-2011 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭

Out Geography field study booklets arrived in the school today from the department. I have done out a practice version of the fieldstudy in an old leftover booklet in the school from a few years ago, and I know for a face that I have written about 1500 words, where it specifically says 1000 words max.

I said this to my teacher, and she said that once it wasn't way over, it didn't matter...

Anybody have any experience with this?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

I've heard they dont bother counting them and my teacher's an examiner, but then again they're hardly going to be too harsh on it anyway. In my writing and in general it seems that one A4 page is 200 words so as long as you write 5/6 pages and not like, 8, you should be okay I think :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 MaevelovesNY

I'm doing geography too...this is off the subject but just curious how many chapters/what topics have you studied so far?I have a terrible teacher and all we've done is some of the early chapters(plate tectonics,vol,quakes,rocks) and a bit of regional geography(West&Dublin)!!I'm really worried because it seems like we are so behind :o !!

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭taylorconor95

I'm doing geography too...this is off the subject but just curious how many chapters/what topics have you studied so far?I have a terrible teacher and all we've done is some of the early chapters(plate tectonics,vol,quakes,rocks) and a bit of regional geography(West&Dublin)!!I'm really worried because it seems like we are so behind :o !!

We have a brilliant geo teacher but I also wanna know how we are doing compared to other buys on boards

We did al SW USA, Mezzogiorno, Dublin, Parin Basin, West of Ireland, Colonialism & stuff on Brazil, the EU, and probably more I just cant remember :D Oh and the fieldstudy of course:)

All the revision I will have to do:eek:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

We have a brilliant geo teacher but I also wanna know how we are doing compared to other buys on boards

We did al SW USA, Mezzogiorno, Dublin, Parin Basin, West of Ireland, Colonialism & stuff on Brazil, the EU, and probably more I just cant remember :D Oh and the fieldstudy of course:)

All the revision I will have to do:eek:
    Same, except we didnt really do the EU, just got the questions given to us. Did you do any of physical or the electives yet? In 5th year we did all of phys/regional except for SW USA, so much to revise :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

We're doing our Field Study the Thursday/Friday after our mid-term, bit nervous really. Dunno what's gonna happen on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 MaevelovesNY

OMG we are obviously so behind this is bad... :L I dunno what to do,should I learn the stuff myself? God wish I had a better teacher :(:( everyone says geography (everyone who doesn't do geography) is a points subject which really annoys me,I actually find it quite hard to remeber all the s.r.p s it goes into so much detail..think I may have to take up grinds....

Advertisement