Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banks in NI and UK

Options
  • 26-10-2011 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭

Are there any banks that operate in the UK and NI?

It seems to be one or the other...

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

HSBC, Halifax and Nationwide are three "UK mainland" banks/building societies that come to mind.

However any of the NI banks technically are operating in the UK and are an integral part of the UK banking system - no different than the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

BuffyBot wrote: »
    HSBC, Halifax and Nationwide are three "UK mainland" banks/building societies that come to mind.

However any of the NI banks technically are operating in the UK and are an integral part of the UK banking system - no different than the others.

But they dont have any branches here :/

I'm with BOI UK and they're a sham, I want out but I'm not in NI to change banks.

To sign up here I'm not sure they will take my ROI address - can't use the address here as I am unsure how long I will be staying.

Advertisement