Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi Car Radio issue

Options
  • 26-10-2011 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Maybe someone can help me. I bought a 01 Audi A4 with the original radio in it laat may and it is nothing short of a disaster.

Not sure it their is an ariel at all? - may be built into back windscreen?

Can only pick up the odd station and only in certain areas. The car was originally brought in from englad. I have tried all settings on the radio but no good.

Could there be a loose connection somewhere?

Is there a booster I could buy or a way to get in behind the radio as I dont have them special keys.

Any ideas would be great.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Check connections on the back of the radio. Maybe just a loose connection. If the aerial is not working you can buy a new one handy enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭✭heate

The keys are available at the parts counter for a fiver or so. The aerial is integrated into the rear window area underneath the headlining. There is already an amplifier built inline.
    To be honest the radio is of good quality it was made by Blaupunkt it is probably a loose connection causing he issue

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭paultronix

faulty amplifier in rear window,best to get a used one from a breaker as they're quite expensive from the dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭iamthemanwork

Tune your radio to a weak station using its own aerial. Remove aerial cable from rear of radio and put in a screwdriver or a short piece of wire. If reception improves then the cheapest option for you is to put an aerial on roof .
    If whilst using own aerial you have crackling on speakers when rear window heater is working then aerial is certainly faulty.
    My full time job is the repair and decode of all makes of car stereo.

Advertisement