Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sally Gap status

Options
  • 26-10-2011 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone been up around the Sally Gap in recent days? AARoadwatch is saying 'passable with care' but from past experiences I usually take what they say with a pinch of salt. If it is bad, what is the problem exactly, are parts still actually flooded, or is it debris on the road, road damage etc?

I was planning on going up there on Saturday from the turnoff just before Roundwood up as far as the small car park just past the gap on the way to the Lough Brays.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

Alun wrote: »
    Has anyone been up around the Sally Gap in recent days? AARoadwatch is saying 'passable with care' but from past experiences I usually take what they say with a pinch of salt. If it is bad, what is the problem exactly, are parts still actually flooded, or is it debris on the road, road damage etc?

I was planning on going up there on Saturday from the turnoff just before Roundwood up as far as the small car park just past the gap on the way to the Lough Brays.

Was up there today on the way to lara and its in OK condition if your in a car if going up on a bike mind yourself there is gravel everywhere @ 1 stage I thought I was going to kiss the road (Man I hate the bad weather)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Been up there just now and it's fine. There's evidence of a few small landslides caused by water flowing off the hillsides but they all appear to have been cleared up. Also came across a Wicklow CC crew repairing a bank that had collapsed but that's it. I came back via Glencree and tbh the road there is in worse condition than the Sally Gap.

Advertisement