Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Randomization help

Options
  • 26-10-2011 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

Hi!
    I'm doing a project at the moment where I'll need to study 3 different variables over time (we'll call them A, B and c) one after the other.
    So I'll study A for a set amount of time, then B for the same amount of time and finally C.
    The problem is that I can't figure out a way to design the sampling so that the order in which I study these variables is random and different each time I sample. I.e. on day one I might sample A then B then C, day two I'd study B, A, C day three... whatever.
    I could just write down a jumble of different triplets but I'd like it to be truly random.
    Any ideas, mathsies?
    Any suggestions or links are appreciated.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

6 triples total, you could roll a dice after matching each triple to a number.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭aidoh

That's a grand idea.
    Thanks, henbane.

Advertisement