Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GETTING INSURED AFTER BAN??

Options
  • 26-10-2011 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

anyone know who insures drivers after dui ban??:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

yes, because that question belongs in the 'banking & insurance & pensions' forum!

think it would be better suited to the 'motors' forum
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=47

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

How could you even have THOUGHT of putting an insurance question in the insurance forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

copeyhagen wrote: »
    yes, because that question belongs in the 'banking & insurance & pensions' forum!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=47

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭GMROCKS

CALM DOWN :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

your previous insurer MUST give you a quotation for basic TP cover, butto be honest they'll probably give you FT & COMP as well.

Depending on the conviction and circumstances, there will be a loading, the question is - how much.

It can be up to 200% of the basic premium, but should reduce each year until gone

• Advertisement

i had my insurance down to 530 and 4-5 yrs no claims,so you think 530+200%loading=1590 id be happy if i get that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

GMROCKS wrote: »
    i had my insurance down to 530 and 4-5 yrs no claims,so you think 530+200%loading=1590 id be happy if i get that price.

Have you asked different insurers yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

copeyhagen wrote: »

I disagree.

Yes, quinn direct insured me. They gave me a 100% loading (i.e. double normal premiums). I didn't have a no claims discount as I hadn't been insured in 2 years.

That was before they went down the toilet. Their basic premiums are a lot higher now and I don't know if they're actively discouraging people from taking out policies now.

no i didnt try anyone yet waiting on my licence,i thought companys wouldnt take me on,but iwas with quinn for 4-5 yrs,sounds good they might take me back,,4 year ban no breath sample might go against me.last car was 2.0 td so maybe smaller engine or van?

Advertisement