Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huawei E122 dongle modem

Options
  • 25-10-2011 8:47pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,630 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I had been using the Huawei E160G modem successfully with my version of Fedora but it stopped working properly a few days ago so I had to go into the 3 shop today and buy a new one, they werent selling the 160 anymore so I just bought the only other one I could afford the E122, but now I can't get it to work. I've been using linux for over a year now but not in much depth. The device is not recognised when I try to create a new mobile broadband connection, whereas it still recognises the old model.

I was wondering if anyone else has gotten this model to work with linux? I've been using linux for over a year now but not in much depth.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

This thread might give you some ideas ..... not for your distro but you may be able to adapt it ...

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1427304&page=5

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,630 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Thanks a million Johnboy, it took a little bit of googling but I was able to get it to work using your link :)

For anyone else who has this problem in the future, sign in with su -, then the command is
    yum install usb_modewitch

then just reboot.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Glad to see it worked for you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6 brianaylward

Hello all,
    Does anyone know if this dongle is 4G compatible, or if there is a softeare upgrade to make it so? I'm thinking not, as i's a fairly old piece of kit and i've found no information to suggest that it is, but just in case...

Tks

Advertisement