Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[US] 6x04 - "A Horse of a Different Colour" [*SPOILERS WITHIN*]

Options
  • 25-10-2011 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭

Oops, apologies for the delay in starting this week's thread. Being away and wet etc means I'm only getting around to watching it now.

Plot summary:
    Much to his own surprise, an emergency with Harrison and a new tableau from Gellar and Travis has Dexter leaning on Brother Sam and an unexpected winged messenger for support as he questions the idea of faith; with proof of a religiously motivated killer, Homicide hunts for a zealot, with Debra giving her first official press conference.

What did you think of 6x04 'A Horse of a Different Colour'? 32 votes

Excellent
    0% 0 votes
    Pretty good
    31% 10 votes
    Average
    43% 14 votes
    Poor
    21% 7 votes
    Awful
    3% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Really enjoyed it. I thought the Doomsday killer would have a split personality going on and that the old guy was it, but the website with his face on that disproves the theory :(

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Fiftysix

There has been some awesome deaths in this series . The last was the best, cant wait for next week. So far 6>>5,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Really enjoyed it. I thought the Doomsday killer would have a split personality going on and that the old guy was it, but the website with his face on that disproves the theory :(

I still think he is. In the cafe the waitress offered Travis (?) a top up on his coffee and ignored Stamos' character

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

evil_seed wrote: »
    I still think he is. In the cafe the waitress offered Travis (?) a top up on his coffee and ignored Stamos' character

Same here, I think we've yet to see him directly interact with anyone else either verbally or physically. I'm betting he's a real person but is now dead and is acting as moral guide for the Doomsday Killer much like a darker version of how Harry is to Dexter.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

The Gnome wrote: »
    Same here, I think we've yet to see him directly interact with anyone else either verbally or physically. I'm betting he's a real person but is now dead and is acting as moral guide for the Doomsday Killer much like a darker version of how Harry is to Dexter.

Bang on, a good episode but whats annoying me about this series is,
    I think that it's leading to Dexter "finding God" - and it doesn't suit his character..

edit - another thing, it's typical American horse**** too, to equate religion with morality --- Dexter does these
    bad things - partly at least - cos he has no faith- such rubbish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

jcf wrote: »
    Bang on, a good episode but whats annoying me about this series is,
    I think that it's leading to Dexter "finding God" - and it doesn't suit his character..

edit - another thing, it's typical American horse**** too, to equate religion with morality --- Dexter does these
    bad things - partly at least - cos he has no faith- such rubbish

That might not necessarily be where it's heading, I see Dexter perhaps toying with the idea of a religion but through his experiences with the Doomsday Killer realising that 'God' is nether a cure for or a way for him to rid himself of his 'dark passenger'. Ultimately rejecting the moral codes of religion for the more suitable Harry's Code.

The Gnome wrote: »
    That might not necessarily be where it's heading, I see Dexter perhaps toying with the idea of a religion but through his experiences with the Doomsday Killer realising that 'God' is nether a cure for or a way for him to rid himself of his 'dark passenger'. Ultimately rejecting the moral codes of religion for the more suitable Harry's Code.

Here's hoping..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I really enjoyed this episode.

The doomsday killings are really enthralling they're doing the bible angle just right and haven't gone too far yet.Not sure if the old guy is real or not but sure we'll see how that plays out.

Probably on my own but I really want to Deb to get back with Quinn most people seem to hate him but I loved their dynamic.Though I could see her ending up with the new detective.

Also the fact that Masuka didn't get rid of Ryan is doing my head in.She could have cost him his job.He really needs to cop on to her.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Average episode, too much brother Sam chit chat and Harrison really needs to fook off and the whole Dexter/faith/higher power thing - please!!

I think "the Gnome" already hit the nail on the head with how he thinks it will play out, I wish I didn't read that!! Its like watching the movie "the 6th Sence" and knowing all along that Bruce Willis is dead... and the reveal in the last episode will be that Travis killed "the professor" three years previous, that's how long he's been missing for right?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Also the fact that Masuka didn't get rid of Ryan is doing my head in.She could have cost him his job.He really needs to cop on to her.
    He did - he told her "get out, we're done"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

So if Edward James Olmos' character is dead, does that mean that Colin Hanks' character went into a different personality coupled with amnesia when the girl got tied up in his kitchen? I'm not sure if I like that idea...was she looking at the older guy at any stage in that scene?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

really bad episode - draaaaaaaaaaaaging on:(

So if Edward James Olmos' character is dead, does that mean that Colin Hanks' character went into a different personality coupled with amnesia when the girl got tied up in his kitchen? I'm not sure if I like that idea...was she looking at the older guy at any stage in that scene?

Nope she didn't seem to, it's like he wasn't there..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

The only thing I didn't like was how hanks was just conveniently stood outside when Dexter came out of that greenhouse.

It seems like a really lazy way for dexter to discover the killer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

JohnK wrote: »
    He did - he told her "get out, we're done"

But you know she'll be back.He won't report her.

No one else found it odd that Dexter was at the heart of all the unsolved murders Masukas assistant listed?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,006 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

No one else found it odd that Dexter was at the heart of all the unsolved murders Masukas assistant listed?

All of the regulars seem to be at the heart of them as well, and on the face of it, Masuka seems to be the only odd-ball. Perhaps his assistant will try and link him to them, especially after the bollocking he gave her?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

just caught up, is it me or does the season seems to coming together a bit early, i thought itd be another 3-4 eps before dexter and tom met, looks like it could be next week,

man i hope ryan isnt gone
    brea-grant-ass-dexter.jpg:eek:

im kinda surprised its taken this long for dexter to play the religious angle,

i kinda hope EJM is a real person and there trying to make us think hes not,

must say its gonna be fun having deb as LT, i hope she doesnt get demoted or anything, and somehow manages to get la guerta fired, i have a feeling there trying to phase la guerta out a bit, and i kinda hope they do, there not a lot left in her caracter, just have her try and fail to screw over deb and get rid of her,

• Registered Users Posts: 24,006 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

don ramo wrote: »
    just caught up, is it me or does the season seems to coming together a bit early, i thought itd be another 3-4 eps before dexter and tom met, looks like it could be next week,

man i hope ryan isnt gone
    brea-grant-ass-dexter.jpg:eek:

im kinda surprised its taken this long for dexter to play the religious angle,

i kinda hope EJM is a real person and there trying to make us think hes not,

must say its gonna be fun having deb as LT, i hope she doesnt get demoted or anything, and somehow manages to get la guerta fired, i have a feeling there trying to phase la guerta out a bit, and i kinda hope they do, there not a lot left in her caracter, just have her try and fail to screw over deb and get rid of her,

I assumed the possibility that he was imaginary when we were discussing the previous episode, but the fact that he was shown hiding while his number 1 fan was getting it on with the latest potential victim, leads me to think that might not be the case.

If he is imaginary, then the only reason he could have been shown hiding, is if Colin Hanks invited him to watch the dirty-doings.

I think there are still things and people to come out of the woodwork in the Doomsday case.

Advertisement