Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rory Gallagher to be inducted into the RRHF??

Options
  • 25-10-2011 5:23pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Rocker SLASH has joined a growing movement committed to landing late Irish blues great RORY GALLAGHER an induction into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.

The former Guns N' Roses star is a huge fan of The Mississippi Sheiks star, who died from complications following a liver transplant in 1995, and he thinks it's high time the Irishman became a member of the famous Cleveland, Ohio museum.

Guiding fans to a petition site calling on Gallagher's consideration, Slash tweets, "Please sign this petition to help get Rory Gallagher inducted into RRHF."

The petition reads, "We, the undersigned, declare that Rory Gallagher, Irish Blues guitarist and songwriter, should be inducted into the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame as soon as possible. Rory Gallagher is now eligible for induction as his first record was released more than 25 years ago.

"Rory has legions of fans the world over, and his music and guitar playing continue to captivate fans and musicians worldwide. Indeed he has influenced and inspired many artists including Slash, Brian May, Eric Clapton, The Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, John Hammond, The Edge, Gary Moore, Joe Bonamassa, and was invited by Muddy Waters to play on one of his albums.

"He left behind an outstanding back catalogue of songs and his live performances are stuff made of legend. Rory Gallagher played the Blues with his heart and soul. No one played like him, no one sounded like him."

To sign the petition please click
    http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/rorygallagherhalloffame/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Fucking right! Seen Sinnerboy in the Roisin Dubh for the forth time last night and it's Rory fever again, savage guitarist.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Pure Sound

Nailz wrote: »
    Fucking right! Seen Sinnerboy in the Roisin Dubh for the forth time last night and it's Rory fever again, savage guitarist.
    Same here it was a very good gig, he should definately be in the RRHF

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

"Rory Gallagher played the Blues with his heart and soul. No one played like him, no one sounded like him."
    Great quote and very apt. I hope the petition does some good.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Considering some of the 'Artists' inducted ,it's more like the Hall of Shame. We don't need him inducted to know how great he was. A lot of the so called musicians in there already would not be worthy to clean his shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

It will boost his recognition, most of all here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭TheStickyBandit

I don't think Rory would give a fcuk about the hall of fame. He's too badass for that anyway!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Read about this, would be great to see him there as he's undoubtedly one of the best guitarist + song writer. (with or without RRHOF)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭RayCon

Yakult wrote: »
    Love this quote from Hendrix
    "So Jimi, what's it like to be the best guitarist in the world?"
    Jimi: "I don't know, ask Rory Gallagher"

Think I remember reading somewhere that that's an urban myth .....

Im with galwayrush on this .... RRHF is a nonsense .... and it's nothing to do with the fact they've continually ignored Rush .... honest .... I mean it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

That quote is an urban myth AFAIK.

I love and admire Rory, but the RORHOF is not his "scene", that and they have said repeatedly they they don't really give a feck what the public "vote" for, so the petition is a waste of time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

RayCon wrote: »
    Think I remember reading somewhere that that's an urban myth .....
    That quote is an urban myth AFAIK.
    Aye, read it after I posted it. haha!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭MetalDog

While it is great to see someone like Slash get behind this, I don't think that Rory Gallagher himself wouldn't have given a rat's ass about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

MetalDog wrote: »
    While it is great to see someone like Slash get behind this, I don't think that Rory Gallagher himself wouldn't have given a rat's ass about it.
    Ah the power of the double negative!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

Rory is a legend. He was an unbelievable guitarist and I would listen to his music night and day. My dog is named after him and I dress him up in check shirts.
    OK that last piece might not be true but he does wear a red bandana!

You wouldn't believe the amount of people that have never heard of him. I was talking to a guy from Belfast last weekend that has never heard of Gary Moore. It made me sad.

I remember signing something like this last year, hardly the same petition?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

This would be great for Rory but tbh I cannot see the septic tanks leaving him in to the RRHF

Advertisement