Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Residents Bar

Options
  • 25-10-2011 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭

Good afternoon,
    Heading to Galway on a stag in a few months. Accom has not been booked yet, as I want to know this first :
    Which city centre hotel has the best (latest) residence bar from your own experience.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭fatguy2k1

Forster Court Hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

^^^

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭StonedRaider

westwood hotel ...can remember they kept serving us till 0600ish a couple of years ago..we were part of a wedding party 2days before

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Forster Court seems to be the place for a late night drink !!! Thanks folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 matchball

Salthill Hotel have a great late bar, many late nights had there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭padraig71

Garvey's on the corner of Eyre Square.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Shanley

+1 for the FCH too! I would also recommend the teppenyaki table in there is theres a group of ye!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Forster Court rocked. Had a pint till half 6 on Sunday morning.
    Thanks to all that replied.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭celty

Slattsy wrote: »
    Forster Court rocked. Had a pint till half 6 on Sunday morning.
    Thanks to all that replied.

Ha, ha,

Love it ... you know you are in Ireland when the lateness of the bar is a hugely important factor in a stag weekend.

Thank God we're not in Italy or somewhere, where people would be looking for the best top class restaurants.

Fair play for your feedback, Slattsy. That place has been legendary for years at this stage ....!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Aahhh what's the Country coming to!! A Resident's Bar isn't enough, we now also want a Residence Bar!
    :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,046 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Wherever he laid his hat
    Thats his home!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭scholar007

Slattsy wrote: »
    Good afternoon,
    Heading to Galway on a stag in a few months. Accom has not been booked yet, as I want to know this first :
    Which city centre hotel has the best (latest) residence bar from your own experience.

I thought a "residence bar" was a fancy drinking club in Dublin which used to be run by the Bang twins......:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Ruben Remus

I've got a few bottles of beer in the press at home. Would this qualify as a residence bar? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭dmullins3

Me and a few of my work friends are heading up to Galway for Arthur's Day on the 27th. We don't get away as a group much as we work in a bar/restaurant. So we plan on making it a good night. Does anyone a hotel in Galway that has a late residents bar. As close as possible to Eyre Square or Shop Street. Any help appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 12,017 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

dmullins3 wrote: »
    Me and a few of my work friends are heading up to Galway for Arthur's Day on the 27th. We don't get away as a group much as we work in a bar/restaurant. So we plan on making it a good night. Does anyone a hotel in Galway that has a late residents bar. As close as possible to Eyre Square or Shop Street. Any help appreciated
    Forster Court hotel or Garveys, both in and around Eyre Square.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

To save some time for you and us I've merged your post with a thread from last year with suggestions.

Advertisement