Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glyder - Backroads to Byzantium

Options
  • 25-10-2011 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,939 ✭✭✭✭

I was a great supporter of the band in their early days, for me I don't think they ever got the luck they deserved, not many do in this genre of music these days do they?

Anyways, from reading the Gigs & events forum some of you already know they are back with a new line up and a new album, retaining two original guitarists in Bat Kinane and Pete Fisher. Some of you have already seen the new line up live supporting Y&T.

If you would like the give the full album a listen for free it is being streamed on AOL music to coincide with the American release of the album which takes place today,

http://music.aol.com/new-releases-full-cds/#/8

There is always an air of fear with me when bands change a line up, and you can't get a bigger change than when you change the lead vocalist. Have to say though I love the vocals - the guy has an old school classic rock voice.

In terms of my favourite tracks, I love the opener Chronicled Deceit, just can't get enough of the guitar on it. Particularly love the start to Don't make their mistakes, the vocals on it are great - the singer wrote this one and you can tell from the lyrics he is from the North!

Something she knows is their most radio friendly offering from the album, it is very catchy. The closing track Motions of time is really stripped down and a great closer for me!

There are some great tracks filling the album between these, but these are the ones that got me on the first few listens.

Anyone else got the album?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Listened to the album on the site you linked us to. Again a pretty solid effort. Good songwritting. Good balance between catchy riffage (some songs like the opener sounds heavier than ever for Glyder) and melodic themes. The new singer sounds great. Definitely on my "purchases list" ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Quite like the sound of it. Has a vibe to it that kinda sounds a little like a lighter and slower version of Armored Saint circa 1984 or 1985.

Advertisement