Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Osamu Tezuka fans?

Options
  • 25-10-2011 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I wonder - are there any Tezuka fans in Ireland?

Yes, the master is long dead, and, as he desired, his followers have probably surpassed him in certain ways. But there is always a small amount of those who still cling to the one and original. Just like some Beatles fans remain, so do Tezuka fans.

I was a Tezuka fan since 1998 (Beatles since 1987, I probably just tend to like originals!). I led the team that made a Russian fandub of Phoenix 2772. (I'm from Russia, living in county Limerick now). I am especially into the Phoenix, but then I have not read most of Tezuka (simply not rich enough to get all the translated manga). And I would gladly chat and, if possible, meet with fans of "anything Tezuka" at all - Astro Boy, Black Jack, you name it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,701 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

sS3tF.jpg

That is all.

... oh yeah, and Pluto (by Naoki Urasawa) is a great retelling of one of his works.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MichaelR

Metropolis is fun and retellings are good. But I'm still welded to the original :)

Advertisement