Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I cant get the Bank Of Ireland to send me a bank statement

Options
  • 25-10-2011 12:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

For the past 5 or 6 weeks I have been trying to get the BOI to send me a bank statement for my current account going back as far as april to date

• on the 16thsep the day of my 2 week holiday I went into the BOI in waterford requesting this expecting it to be waiting for me when I got back which it was not
    • Upon my return from holiday I called Banking 365 ,told them of my request and asked them why it wasn't dealt with, they said they didnt know and would order it immediately, I told the agent it would have to go back 6 months
    • Within a week a statement came in the door but it was only for 2 months
    • Starting to get angry at this stage so I called BOI in waterford and they told me since my original branch is in carlow, I would need to call them
    • I called carlow , they apologised and said they would order them immediately
    • Over a week passed and still no statement in the door, I called Carlow again and they apologised again saying they were having problems with their sytem and they must have been some mix up

That is the story so far, and im still waiting for my Bank Statement. I personally find this very poor service and i dont know whati have to do to get my Bank statement out of them, its as if they are deliberately not forthcoming with it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

Why would they be deliberately witholding it?

Maybe they're system is having problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Why would they be deliberately witholding it?

Maybe they're system is having problems.

because I told them I needed it to apply for a credit card with another institution, 6 weeks is a bloody long time to be having system problems

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Thomas

because I told them I needed it to apply for a credit card with another institution, 6 weeks is a bloody long time to be having system problems

As a Bank employee I can assure you that any person answering the telephone doesn't give a tuppeny f*ck if you're applying to another institution for a cc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

1. Have you double checked that the bank has got the correct address?
    2. Are you getting other post?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Thomas wrote: »
    As a Bank employee I can assure you that any person answering the telephone doesn't give a tuppeny f*ck if you're applying to another institution for a cc.

A bank employee should care about giving good service.

• Advertisement
Advertisement