Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

River dargle in spate

Options
  • 25-10-2011 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭

A few pictures from this evening, just the dargle from the main street bridge and the harbour. Have never seen it so high (wasn't around for hurricane charlie).
    DSC_9480.jpg

DSC_9485.jpg

DSC_9486.jpg

DSC_9489.jpg

Usually a riverside walkway on the left. It came up to mid-way up the railings here at its highest point, came very close to getting into our estate here
    DSC_9493.jpg

DSC_9496.jpg

DSC_9497.jpg

DSC_9503.jpg

DSC_9502.jpg

DSC_9510.jpg

DSC_9518.jpg

DSC_9524.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭whitesands

I was there also, epic.

I was watching that boat for a while sure it was going to go under & I'm not seeing it in some of them pics, did it go under? I left about 10.30 & it was still floating.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

The harbour ones were all taken between about half 9 and ten so i don't know what the final fate of the boat was! If it looks like it's missing in any of the pics it's just because it was moving so much that it blurred out over the long exposure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 la gordita

I was there too - in fact you have snapped us in the last photo. It was amazing to see the water come up from the back strand and flow over into the harbour. Nice pictures btw!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

wow amazing pics

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭YESROH

they are brillant. I have just taken some of our local river just need to upload them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,388 ✭✭✭fletch

It looks more like the sea!

Advertisement