Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV on iphone?

Options
  • 24-10-2011 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hi, Is it possible to watch the RTE Player on an iphone.
    Also is there an app available to watch British tv stations on iPhone. I got one app but it wont allow me to watch it when Im not in Britain. Has anyone any good apps for watching TV on iPhone4?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

If you have Sky you can get the Sky Player app to let you watch Sky channels on your iPod, I'm not too sure on the availability of an RTE Player app though.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

FilmOn TV app is free and allows you to watch British channels.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 5,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭culabula

richiee wrote: »
    Hi, Is it possible to watch the RTE Player on an iphone.
    Also is there an app available to watch British tv stations on iPhone. I got one app but it wont allow me to watch it when Im not in Britain. Has anyone any good apps for watching TV on iPhone4?
    Thanks.

AerTV.ie webapp for the national channels.

Otherwise, Filmon, Universal TV, 4oD .....

Leeg17 wrote: »
    If you have Sky you can get the Sky Player app to let you watch Sky channels on your iPod, I'm not too sure on the availability of an RTE Player app though.

No RTE TV Player app yet.

Sky Player does not exist: there is now the Sky Go app which shows just 4 movie channels and five bloody sports channels. If you subscribe to them or are willing to fork out

And er, that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭gzoladz

I dont know if there is a version for iphone, but in my ipad I used xbmc to watch content from the RTE Player, Skysports, and any tv you can think of.

• Advertisement

Also, if you go to mypremium.tv in your iphone on a browser other than safari (I use Atomic), you can watch SkySports 1, 2, 3 and 4, ESPN and others for free.

You need to use stream 2.

It works 70% of the times.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

If you have the right setup then EyeTV is great. I stream the TV from my HTPC when on the road.

jester77 wrote: »
    If you have the right setup then EyeTV is great. I stream the TV from my HTPC when on the road.

Agreed.

But in this case you are streaming your on TV service correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭richiee

Can't find aertv app or film on tv app in the app store. I have sky go alright but I was hoping to be able to watch the BBC, RTE, ITV etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭richiee

What do you mean by "the right set up"?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

gzoladz wrote: »
    But in this case you are streaming your on TV service correct?
    What do you mean by "the right set up"?

Yes, I have a mac mini (> 3 years old) that I use as a HTPC, runs 24/7. It has an EyeTV USB stick plugged in and works great, HD TV plays no problem. You just need to portforward to the right port on your router (2170) and then you can connect with iPhone or iPad and I think you can also connect with your browser via an EyeTV portal site.

On the iphone there is a setting for bitrate and the software on the mac will convert and send it to your phone at that rate. It also provides the TV guide and you can schedule recordings with the app which is also handy.

You need a static IP address or a service like DynDNS to be able to access your home network.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭hideous ape

Can't find aertv app or film on tv app in the app store. I have sky go alright but I was hoping to be able to watch the BBC, RTE, ITV etc.

Aertv is a website, not an app. You launch it from your iPhone browser. Tried it out on my iPad and it worked well a few weeks ago so I'd guess it should work on the iPhone:

aertv.ie

Advertisement