Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Water Heater:Truma, Propex Malaga or Henry "Cascade"?

Options
  • 24-10-2011 9:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi,

The Carver Cascade has finally given up the ghost (leaking tank & won't work on 240v) so I've decided to replace it over the winter. First idea was to do a straight swap for a Henry cascade copy but now (for a few dollars more..) i'm looking at some of the Propex models or perhaps a truma ultrastore with a flue adapator. The Propex malaga looks pretty efficient and has the largest tank of the 3.
    Any opinions on any of these models? Known issues? Parts & Service in the longer term?

Thanks in advance.
    Alex.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Propex are a good company to deal with and their products are pretty darn reliable . TheTruma Ultrastore or B10/Bn10 as it's better known is pretty good too , but not so cheap . That said it's been the factory fit boiler of choice all across Europe since Adam was a boy , up til the Combi was introduced around '95 , and is still sold and fitted in large numbers .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 alexfernie

Good to hear some input from the trade! Thanks. Your opinion kinda confirms which way I was leaning which was to the Propex. Once they are reliable and will be around for product support in the future as well as being a good/efficient unit, looks good to me.

Nothing wrong with the B10 as such, but a small bit more dust that I'm willing to pay. Also could I be right in thinking there's less work in changing the gas/water piping to suit the Malaga? The gas fitting on the B10 is on the opposite side to the present Carver. That said, it won't be me doing the final gas fix.

I get the feeling that Henry could disappear off the face of the planet at a moments notice!

Thanks again for chiming in.

Advertisement