Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Park Studio?

Options
  • 24-10-2011 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hey,

anybody know anything bout this course? Is it worth the money? Any reviews would be helpful.

Thanks

http://www.theparkstudio.ie/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Saph_red

Hey, did you do this course? i've been looking into doing it but its big bucks for something i cant find reviews on!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 loloco24

Hi!
    I'm currently doing this course and to be quite honest, I couldn't recommend it enough. Yes it costs a bit, but the amount you get from the course is outstanding.
    When I first started the course, our first practical exercise was to do a thirty second piece on something we like in front of the camera.
    I thought I was going to get physically ill with the nerves being in front of the camera. Yesterday I was able to chat for 4minutes in front of a camera and do a news piece.

If presenting isn't your thing, it's great for directing, and getting to know other technical elements about tv.

Now in terms of jobs, the future will predict this. Earlier in the course Marty Whelan came into us and told us in order to break into tv, we would need a showreel ( a recording of your work). So thankfully, Park Studio are going to film us doing a showreel.

I loved doing this course and would 100% recommend it!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭paudy1000

Hi, sorry for bringing up an old thread again, just wondering if anyone had completed this course & found employment from it.
    Currently unemployed & looking into something I'm actually interested in - though it's a lot of money to pay if work is hard to find! Thanks

Advertisement