Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted: Ideas for 1 'big' present per family vs individual kids presents?

Options
  • 24-10-2011 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm hoping to buy 1 'family' present for my nieces and nephews. In the first family, there are 2 children, a boy aged 7.5 and a girl aged 5.
    In the second family, there is a girl aged 7.5, a boy aged 3.5 and a boy aged 1.5 years.
    I had been looking at buying a projector/home cinema (the one on the dealpage) but apparently it wouldn't be bright enough/good enough quality. And any other projector is way too expensive for me to buy 2 of them!
    My max budget per family is 150 euro. Anyone got any idea of 1 gift that would suit the ages given? Both families already have a Wii.
    I just can't face the thoughts of having to get 5 individual presents for them, I'll go off my head!
    Anyone got any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

You say they have a wii so you could consider gettting an assessory for it like the microphones and a game for singing to. Personally I think kids get so many toys and you have such a generous budget you could do something different. Would you consider treating the whole family to a day out at the cinema/show or a playcenter and add a voucher for a family friendly restaurant for afterwards. Parents and kids will all love it and uncle/auntie buzz will have created a nice christmas memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭buzz55

Am considering a voucher for a day out alright, or perhaps an annual membership to a local attraction (anyone know how much an annual family pass is for Fota island for example?)

Don't really want to get them toys, have gotten clothes for last few years (which doesn't go down well with the kids themselves but does for the parents).

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭buzz55

Mods, could you please move this to the general Christmas thread, as it seems to get a lot more traffic than in here?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Done and dusted with fake snow.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

€165 for fota for the year, this also covers dublin zoo :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

+1 for a day out.Tickets to a panto )and if you are feeling really kind, you could take them to the show and leave mam and dad hit the shops for a bit?

Advertisement