Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Round Ireland bike trip?

Options
  • 24-10-2011 1:18pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone ever done this, taken a few days off and gone the whole way round the country, seeking out the best roads you can along the way? I'm thinking of doing something like this next year - not sure if I'm going to be able to get over to France etc - but we have some great roads on our doorstep so why not take advantage of them.

I've been to the Ring of Kerry and it was amazing I'd love to do it on the bike. The A2 around the Antrim coast is apparently fantastic, also some cracking roads up around Westport etc. Looking to get some ideas as to where to go and how to plan it.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

The Donegal costal route is spectacular, was there last May, one of the best biking roads in the country. Not quick but amazing scenery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Not quick but amazing scenery.
    Pretty much sums up the North West!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056383744

Was thinking someone on here had done it recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Yeah that was my tread. Up loading the pics to the pc later tonight and I'll post more.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭sleepysniper

Coast Road to Tramore from Dungarvan (or Vice Versa) has savage scenery and is a great road with plenty of twisties and flat out straights!:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Nice one! Reading the thread now loads of good tips, cheers!

Advertisement