Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Hockey - Week 2 Results

Options
  • 24-10-2011 8:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭

Results for Week Two:
    179059.jpg

Overall Standings after Week Two:
    179058.jpg

Sorted By:
    1. Points
    2. Wins
    3. Ties

Just in case there is any confusion, the POS column is for the position in the Power Rankings only.

I've made a few alterations to the excel file, adding in a P (points) column and an "overall standings" table. The overall standings are an accumulation of the totals from the previous weeks, with the exception of GAA and SV%, which are averages. If anyone spots any errors, has any feedback or would like to see any changes, please let me know.

I'm quite happy with my week again, two weeks at the top of the power rankings so can't complain. Was without my main defenceman for the week too, so I'm happy I got through that with some good numbers. I've now played the 2nd and 3rd placed teams in the power rankings (Coeus and StevoTG) and won both fixtures, and I'm only 2pts off the top of the standings, so I'm quite optimistic about the rest of the season. My goaltenders have been stellar, that's been the highlight of my season so far even though I haven't picked up as many W's from those categories as I might have liked. Very happy with my SOG totals, but my +/- was very poor this week. That is an area I'll be trying to improve on.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

Yay, I won my first matchup but only thanks to my goalkeeping on Saturday which gained me 2.5 points :)

The one stat I'm really doing bad with is SOG, I have been well off the pace both weeks. It may just be an abberation as my overall total seems to be the league average according to the power rankings.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Izy

who cares about power rankings, i'm winning it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Izy wrote: »
    who cares about power rankings, i'm winning it :D

Said like a man who knows it won't last! :p

Coeus wrote: »
    Yay, I won my first matchup but only thanks to my goalkeeping on Saturday which gained me 2.5 points :)

The one stat I'm really doing bad with is SOG, I have been well off the pace both weeks. It may just be an abberation as my overall total seems to be the league average according to the power rankings.

You have to be the most unlucky player so far. There is no way the league rankings reflect your performances. You'll definitely be a contender at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    You have to be the most unlucky player so far. There is no way the league rankings reflect your performances. You'll definitely be a contender at the end.

Hope so, checking the rankings above I'm 4th in Assists, PPP and SOG but I have yet to get a point in any of the categories. Thats the joy of head-to-head play :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

I was shafted by my goal tenders this week, I picked them early in the draft as well so feel a bit sick that they really let me down. Despite the freak results this week I am sure I will pick myself up and start challenging soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Izy

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Said like a man who knows it won't last! :p

half my players are still only trying to pick up their game, was lucky with the mach ups so far.

getzlaf & duchene are shocking so far, the later playing on the 4th line now :eek: rick nash is doing ok but he'll get better as soon as carter returns, havlat is just back from injury and cam ward is shocking in goal...

picked up david booth from FA, will see how he gets on in vancouver...should get decent +/- and more points as well playing on a line with kesler...
    that gives me 5 strong wingers so might trade one of them plus duchene for a center...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

Here is a quick question, is it worth the effort trying to factor qualifying games played by the teams so we can see a comparison?

For example my roster has players for the Sharks, Flames and Flyers. My opponent has players from Habs, Kings and Rangers.

Sharks played 1, Flames played 2 and flyers played 3 giving a total of 6
    Habs played 2, Kings played 3 and Rangers played 3 giving a total of 7

krissovo wrote: »
    Here is a quick question, is it worth the effort trying to factor qualifying games played by the teams so we can see a comparison?

For example my roster has players for the Sharks, Flames and Flyers. My opponent has players from Habs, Kings and Rangers.

Sharks played 1, Flames played 2 and flyers played 3 giving a total of 6
    Habs played 2, Kings played 3 and Rangers played 3 giving a total of 7

Probably too much work for me given the number of midweek transfers etc.

Advertisement