Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lapierre Raid 200 yeay or nay?

Options
  • 23-10-2011 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Thinking of getting this MTB as my first bike I want to get into mountain biking, the plan is to get this bike first and maybe in 12 months time get a full suspension MTB.

Anyone have experience with this bike would you recommend it as a first bike.

Retail price is €545 my budget is 500 to 700.

2vltjc6.jpg

http://www.lapierre-bikes.co.uk/mtb/leisure-sport/raid/raid-200#onglets
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

lapierre are a good brand but the spec doesnt seem to be too great on that bike, id buy this over it, this canyon would be a good choice as well

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭coolbeans

Agree with Seany. I'd also suggest you go onto Chain Reaction and Wiggle and sort by 'discount'. This is a good time of year to be buying as new stock is coming in and last year's stuff needs to be shifted. There are deals to be had if you do your homework.

There's also 20% off at Wiggle today although this doesn't apply to already discounted items. There's way better value than the one listed.

yeah the one listed is pretty much trying to sell on the brand name

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭easygoing39

This is good value,plus you can ride it before you buy it,cant do that with a canyon!!
    http://www.eurocycles.ie/Mountain/MTB_Hardtail/Corratec_X-Vert_S_0-dt-4/4588_p.aspx

Spec here
    http://www.corratec.de/en/bikes2012/mtb/classic_hardtails/xvert_s04.php

See Richie on the Long Mile Road shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭one4one

Thanks for the advice so far, also plan on cycling around town on week days and was told I would be better off getting road tyres for the bike and just switch them back on the weekend when I plan to go off road.

That sound like to much effort or is that the norm if you have a MTB you want to use around town.

• Advertisement

depends on how much road cycling you plan to do on the bike, ive done 50k on mtb tyres and they didnt slow me down too bad, i personally couldnt be bothered swapping tyres every time i wanted to cycle, id prefer to buy a cheap second set of wheels + road tyres for the around town cycling

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭one4one

depends on how much road cycling you plan to do on the bike, ive done 50k on mtb tyres and they didnt slow me down too bad, i personally couldnt be bothered swapping tyres every time i wanted to cycle, id prefer to buy a cheap second set of wheels + road tyres for the around town cycling

Ok kwl, I like the look of the GT Avalanche 1.0 Disc 2011 you posted would the large frame suit someone of my height 5ft 11??

yeah id go for the large if i was you, great spec on that bike for the price as well

Advertisement