Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ink It- Tralee

Options
  • 23-10-2011 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭

Avyone know anything about it? I want to get a tattoo sometime in the near future and Im sussing out my options in this fair town! Any info- much appreciated:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

^ Bump:) Anyone at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Cosmin in there has some nice work - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.163733527014295.48494.100001329475612&type=3

One of the best to go to in Kerry if you're not willing to travel further.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kerry_girl

<snip>
    Mod edit: Word of mouth/third party rubbishing of places is not allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

interesting first post...................:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Mansized Wreath

Avoid.

• Advertisement

Just an update - Cosmin has left InkIt for a studio in Cork. I don't know anything about the artist they have working there now.

Martin however is still in Metal Urges and is great to go to for work.

All the Traleee shops are best avoided.

That's untrue. Martin is a quality artist. As was Cosmin.

Adiboo wrote: »

That's untrue. Martin is a quality artist. As was Cosmin.
    Cosmin is not a quality artist. That shop is an apt with a fancy sign above the door. I've seen the work first hand and the kindest thing I can call it is poor. It's scratcher quality,in fact he used to resort to having silly competitions on facebook to bring in custom (ie-give away free tattoos etc). When it's reached that point you wanna avoid any tattooer. Metal Urges, it depends on what you want, they'd be fine for tribal or the generic Irish tattoo. I pass it daily and it's got the same gang loitering around the main entrance.

As has been said on this forum before, it being in an apartment converted for business does not mean anything.

You're statements are false. I've had work done by both Cosmin and Martin and they're anything but 'scratcher' quality, tribal or generic Irish designs.

Martin does great work, old school, realism etc. He did my camera for me -

IMG_0486.jpg

And Cosmin is great at realistic tattoos, he pays great attention to detail. This is the piece he did for me -

554441_373465596040936_1046942405_n.jpg

So perhaps next time you come on to slate a studio, you do some research beforehand as to not make false allegations ;)

• Advertisement

Never said Martin was a scratcher! I said they'd be fine for tribal, generic Irish tattoos (such as the limited amount of flash on their walls). Cosmin great at realistic? That carton of juice you have is far from realistic! More cartoon style than realistic, but once you are happy with it then that's all that counts. He's tattooing at apprientice level man. I've seen pics of girl heads with crooked eyes, mex girls with hands that are mush (he recently removed that from his facebook,no douth he realized it was ****).

The flash a studio has means nothing. The fact of the matter is, Martin is more than capable of of doing other than tribal and Irish designs, and he does them well.

Apprentice level? That's a joke and a slanderous statement which you cannot back up because Cosmin has some great work in his portfolio.

I was giving my juice tattoo just as an example of his work that I have, not necessarily as a realistic example.

Adiboo wrote: »
    The flash a studio has means nothing. The fact of the matter is, Martin is more than capable of of doing other than tribal and Irish designs, and he does them well.

Apprentice level? That's a joke and a slanderous statement which you cannot back up because Cosmin has some great work in his portfolio.

I was giving my juice tattoo just as an example of his work that I have, not necessarily as a realistic example.
    You're entitled to your opinion. I can back it up as I've seen the work first hand. Look man, take a gander around lastsparrowtattoo.com and the many work posted there. Come back to me and then tell me Cosmin is great. I was being kind when I said apprentice level.

You're entitled to your opinion too, but when you come on a forum and slander a very capable artist by saying he is a scratcher and at apprentice level, that damages how the man makes his living.

I never said Cosmin was the best thing going. He has impressive work, but sure there are better than him in Ireland.

I don't know what you want me to look at on that forum. If you're just trying to show me great tattoos alright. I know good tattoos. I've had work done by arguably two of the best artists in Ireland (Remis & Wojt). I'm a tattoo snob, and would never go to any artist I don't think is up to the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭A_Fitz

@ the OP - if you want a decent tattoo I'd recommend driving to Limerick and avoiding anywhere local, TBH.

Advertisement