Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

just found out i am pregnant - what next?

Options
  • 23-10-2011 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

hi,

just found out i am preggers - only about 4 weeks gone - and we are delighted. first baby so i am clueless!

so what is next?
    at what stage should i go to the GP ? and i presume she will then refer me to a maternity hospital.

i presume 6 or 8 weeks to see the GP, but maybe I need to get in there early in order to get on the waiting list for antenatal care?

also, any recommendations on which hospital? - am based in fairview, so either coombe or rotunda are handiest. will be going public, and hope to spend as little time as possible in the hospital!

thanks all!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Would have thought the Coombe would be a bit far out from Fairview... when I lived in Finglas I attended the Coombe and the journeys to the appointments used to kill me. Although, I do think it's a fantastic hospital.

I also have experience of the Rotunda and think it's a great hospital too.

You can self refer to both hospitals, no need for a letter from the GP, although if you want to do combined care you do need to visit your GP to fill in the form.

Advertisement