Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frame sliders / crash bars for Ninja 250?

Options
  • 23-10-2011 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Anyone recommend some frame sliders / crash bars for the Ninja 250R (2010)? I want to be able to practise in car parks, etc., without constantly worrying about a drop.

Bikeworld quoted me something like 180e...for two pieces of metal? Pfft.

Also, are they handy to put on or would I need a mechanic?

Cheers,
    Cormac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Bikeworld trying to rip someone off??? NO!!!!! :rolleyes: LOL

Try Demon Tweeks (in the UK) or Horsepower (IRE) there are a few brands, R&G being one. Depending on where the mushrooms go into, you may or may not have to drill the fairing. If you're handy, you can do it yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Cormac - where are you based ? (just wondering, I saw a new Ninja in black in Galway on Saturday, and it looked the dog's.........)

Don't delay in getting, and fitting, whatever you fit, remember, that you'll buy sweet f.a. in parts to fix a dropped Ninja for €180.........

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Definitely money well spent!

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭rat_race

galwaytt wrote: »
    Cormac - where are you based ? (just wondering, I saw a new Ninja in black in Galway on Saturday, and it looked the dog's.........)

Don't delay in getting, and fitting, whatever you fit, remember, that you'll buy sweet f.a. in parts to fix a dropped Ninja for €180.........

I bought a 2010, green... I like the colour, oddly enough...

Thanks all for the replies! Just noticed that the cover covering the toolkit/battery won't open. Feels like the lock is banjaxed :( Key turns...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

rat_race wrote: »
    I bought a 2010, green... I like the colour, oddly enough...

Thanks all for the replies! Just noticed that the cover covering the toolkit/battery won't open. Feels like the lock is banjaxed :( Key turns...
    Push down on cowl when turning key or just give it a little slap.

• Advertisement

seanybiker wrote: »
    Push down on cowl when turning key or just give it a little slap.

Tried that :( ... tried a few things like that... Will try again tomorrow...

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

rat_race wrote: »
    Just noticed that the cover covering the toolkit/battery won't open. Feels like the lock is banjaxed :( Key turns...

Is that the pillion seat cowl? If it is, the lock mechanism is to the left of the key, you might be able to slide something in and push it (it could just be tight/seized). Im in work at the moment, but I'll have a look this evening.

Is that the pillion seat cowl? If it is, the lock mechanism is to the left of the key, you might be able to slide something in and push it (it could just be tight/seized). Im in work at the moment, but I'll have a look this evening.

Yeah, the pillion seat cowl. Actually got a pal to open it...we found that a bit of plastic is broken making it very difficult to open (lock opens 95% of the way). I think he was lucky...I locked it back on and when I tried myself later on I couldn't open it again -- it was cold though. Think I'll try again later after riding, maybe the heat will loosen it up a bit/detract the metal..

Advertisement