Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leitrim outdoor venue for a summer party?

Options
  • 23-10-2011 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm not sure where to start with this search as I'm not familiar with the county so hopefully somebody here can direct me to the right place.

Would anybody have any suggestions for a place in Leitrim where around 80-100 people could just chill out for the day after a wedding next summer? The wedding will be in south/central Leitrim. I suppose we just want some place which will serve drink but also allow us the option of having, or can arrange for us to have, a bbq. We are thinking of a place with grounds that we could sit out in, and somewhere next to water would be most preferable.(Hope that's not expecting too much!)

We sort of have to find some place soon as we will have to then find accommodation for people to stay in.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭MadHatter

Try Harkins Bistro in Dromod Harbour. They regulary erect a marquee beside the restaurant to cater for post-wedding get togethers and other events.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Gings in Carrick on Shannon have a lovely beer garden which is right on the river Shannon. Lovely in summer and it has a swing set for any kids. They arrange BBQ's as far as I remember. Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭mac36

The Ramada Hotel in Drumshanbo would seem to have all your requirements. There is a lovely decking area to the back of the bar with landscaped grounds towards the shores of Lough Allen. They also have a play area for children. They run a bbq for one of the local festivals so I am sure they could sort something for you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Dostoevsky

Still haven't found a place, although currently the Ramada is winning as it has the accommodation which Leitrim village doesn't have since the Leitrim Marina Hotel closed down (we liked the traditional feel in Beirne's of Battlebridge a lot). The problem with the Ramada is that it has no accommodation for the following night and 10-20 hardliners would like to stay on then also.

Harkins was lovely, a top class place. But we struggled to find accommodation for all our guests in Dromod. Ideally, we would like everybody to be together but this seems to be hard to do.

Has anybody been to Anderson's Thatch pub outside Carrick-on-Shannon on the Elphin road? I passed it last week and it looked impressive in a traditional sense. I was rushing so didn't get to drop in.

Does it have a back garden or somewhere outside we could sit out in the summer? I've done a Google Images search but it's no use.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

2nd gings, great location and you can have a bbq

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭miss choc

Cox's steakhouse in Dromod maybe? I remember they had a big reception area

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭terenurebob

There is also this place which is next door to the Ramada in Drumshanbo and when I say next door I mean it's a one minute walk.

http://www.allen.ie/accommodation.htm

They can also organise water activities(sailing, kayaking etc) if anyone wants to give that a try.

Advertisement