Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Learning?

Options
  • 22-10-2011 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hey guys, I'm looking for some advice...
    I've been looking for an online course in Counselling, Psychology or Child Psychology, I came across an online UK based college called CMIT who have all three courses.
    Here is an overview of the Counselling one http://www.cmit.ie/courses-psychology-health-distance-learning/counselling-distance-learning.html
    Upon successful completion of the course learners receive a level 3 NCFE award certificate in counselling.
    Would this award stand to me in Ireland? Does it have an Irish equivalent? Basically I need to know where I could go with this award afterwards? Is it recognised by employers and third level colleges here in Ireland?
    Any information would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭mbiking123

Hello

According to http://www.cmit.ie/help_cmit_distance_learning.html they say that 'CMIT has agreed its quality assurance procedures with by FETAC (part of the Department of Education in Ireland) and is registered with FETAC to offer programmes leading to FETAC awards in the National Framework of Qualifications. The Further Education and Training Awards Council (FETAC), is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland.'
    This would indicate to me that it is recognised, however might be a good idea to contact a potential employer and check with them their requirements. For example they may want more than a certificate to be eligible to apply. Hope my opinion helps

regards

Advertisement