Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I keep the money or not ?

Options
  • 22-10-2011 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Someone lodge €200 in my account, for supposed money due to me.

I emailed 3 times saying no you owe me money please do not lodge it. I ask again and again, the person reply the money will be lodge and it happened.

6 Month later I received a very nasty email seeking an overdue payment of €200.

Imagine how annoying this is. So is people can lodge money when you don't want to have it and then claim it back weeks later.

This does not make sens to me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Sounds like you're not due the money so it's not yours. Give it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Depends on exact reason why funds where due to you. So need more info.

But if you admit it's not yours then give it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭locteau

Ok let me explain properly.

I worked for this person, We calculated a fee etc.... when I left under pressure I asked to not lodge any money to my account anymore. The person said the money was owed to me, but I said no to the money.

The person still lodge the money and were tick about it so when it came to my account I said I did not want it but the person said it was decided.

Then for some obscure reasons, this employer who I did not want to hear again, after 6 months is claiming the money back...... I disagree about the reasons given "overpaid" for very good reasons, such has they got funds from my services they would never received without me and was not related to my jobs and gave so much extra beneficial help to save them money.

I was employed for services given, and was so on a contract as sole trader.

Hope this make sens now.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

locteau wrote: »
    Ok let me explain properly.

I worked for this person, We calculated a fee etc.... when I left under pressure I asked to not lodge any money to my account anymore. The person said the money was owed to me, but I said no to the money.

The person still lodge the money and were tick about it so when it came to my account I said I did not want it but the person said it was decided.

Then for some obscure reasons, this employer who I did not want to hear again, after 6 months is claiming the money back...... I disagree about the reasons given "overpaid" for very good reasons, such has they got funds from my services they would never received without me and was not related to my jobs and gave so much extra beneficial help to save them money.

I was employed for services given, and was so on a contract as sole trader.

Hope this make sens now.:)

I'm finding it very hard to properly understand the situation but from what I can gather:

You were employed by somebody. You then left their employment, under duress. Money was outstanding to you, you did not want it. The employer paid it anyway. You then spent this money. Now the employer wants it back? If that's the truth then tell your bank, and bring any supporting documentation (e.g. those emails that were sent back & forth) with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

I'm finding it very hard to properly understand the situation but from what I can gather:

You were employed by somebody. You then left their employment, under duress. Money was outstanding to you, you did not want it. The employer paid it anyway. You then spent this money. Now the employer wants it back? If that's the truth then tell your bank, and bring any supporting documentation (e.g. those emails that were sent back & forth) with you.

That's my understanding of it now. The bank will not get involved in this so it's between op and employer. The employers bank can not enforce a charge back as it was a lodgement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭locteau

Yes you got it. Of course spent it, I would assume everybody would do the same after 6 months.

It is just lots of problem for something I did not want originally. I would have hope people should be protected to be forced to receive money they don't want to receive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

This isn't a banking issue.

Advertisement