Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vokera Mynute 16e - Gas boiler pilot light wont come on

Options
  • 22-10-2011 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi All,

Hope you can help me as i'm freezing my ass off :)

I have a Vokera Mynute 16e gas boiler about 8/9 years and was last serviced about 2 years ago which has decided to stop working this evening.

I've tried resetting it and re-pressurising the system from the hot press and no luck.

When the knob (The one on the far left) is on reset there is no sound from it but when the knob is in the Off or on the heating element position it makes the normal humming noise (Note: This sound comes on regardless if the system clock is in the off system)

The pilot light wont come on at any stage and i can't hear any clicking noise that would indicate that it is trying to come on.

Any suggestion what i can try or is this call out time?

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

It's a call out time I'm affraid. You have done all that the end user would be required to do. There could be a couple of reasons why it's not igniting all of which require the boiler to be opened and checked by an RGI. www.rgii.ie or call Vokera direct on 0567755057

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Wally Runs

I was told it is best with Vokera call them out as they have a flat fee, so not matter what the problem it will be one price (€150 comes to mind but I may be off). If you call another service provider it will be the call out plus the repairs (which is fair). You might check with them and see if this the case before you book anyone.

Advertisement