Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Health Care Career - Psychiatric Nursing / General Nursing / Children’s Nursing / ...

Options
  • 22-10-2011 7:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I am thinking about doing a Graduate course in Health Care sector and is currently working as a Health Care Asst.

What I have in mind is 1. Psychiatric Nursing 2. General Nursing 3. Occupational Therapy 4. Radio Therapy I couldnt find much vacancies in any healthcare sector except in Geriatric - and that too only in Nursing homes.

Out of the above which one would be the best to secure a job in Ireland / UK?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 powery

hi there i justgotmy results on my fetac5 health care support and iwanted to work within the health care sector too and becomea palliative care nurse did you receive any knowledge on how u progress further:)

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Feu

Occupational Therapy should be number 1!! haha i am quite biased, but still!

Tbh, job prospects in health sector not wonderful at the moment, lot of contract work, and not replacing maternity leave, that kind of thing, but it is still a brilliant sector to work in.

But if you're looking at doing a course you should choose something you feel very strongly towards and there'll be movement on the jobs scene in 4 or 5 years when you're finished!

Advertisement