Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place for a Santy Experience?!

Options
  • 22-10-2011 1:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

hey everyone,

I have a 4 half year old (5 on stephens day) and looking for the best santy experience? I went to Rathwood in Tullow last year and it wasn't that GREAT... was good but would rather go somewhere different!

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks xx:):)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭tittle mouse

Good thread:) im after booking rathwood, ive never been. Last year i brought my son to the clonard hotel.it was good but nothing amazing. Never found anywhere that was that amazing to recommend i hope other people have good recomendations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 jessie86

I actually had the Clonard booked the year before but didn't go in the end..Rathwood is good , everything leading up to actually seeing santy and santy isn't actually all that !
    The santy in Dundrum is actually really good !! just not much of an experience!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭SlimCi

Ok this is a bit mad but we went to Ailwee Caves in Clare to see Santy in his grotto in the cave. There were hot tipples for parents and mince pies, a little fun fair type thing outside and inside lots of activities for all the children and a photo collection area and santa postbox etc. Then you climb up into the cave to see Santa and he talks to the child in front of everyone and gives the gift. My young man loved it altogether. Have to say the gift was only ok and it is very expensive and a long way to travel, but all that seemed to add to the excitement for him. We went two years in a row and as it was exactly the same the second year we didn't go again. I have heard the one in Lullymore is good, but no experience of it myself. Powerscourt might be a good bet too and a nice day out for all the family.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Causey farm is hard to beat.
    http://www.causey.ie/causey-events/causey-christmas-experience/

Anyone thinking of Rathwood would want to get moving, many dates full already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

For us, the "only" Santa is arnotts one.

We used to be brought to him as kids (which is a while now). & have brought our daughter there every year.

It's free ( there's no gift) but every child gets an "I saw Santa at arnotts" badge.

There's entertainment in the queue with screens playing christmas cartoons, there's also entertainers like face painters, jugglers, stilt walkers, & a small play area to work off some excitement.

They use two of santa's helpers who look very similiar & have their own beards. One of them has been doing it for at least 35 years as I found a photo of me at my daughters age visiting him.

They have a reasonably priced professional photographer who takes your pic with no obligation & will also take one with your own camera if you want.

It's the only "experience" you need.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 jessie86

Awh that sounds good!! :)

I just booked - Clanard Hotel, Athy; Santy Experience, has elves workshop afterwards etc..
    It looks really good!! :) Hopefully will be good!!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭tittle mouse

hi Jessie i went to the clonard with my 6yo last year and he really enjoyed it. theres loads of animals at it too which he really enjoyed :) hope you and your family enjoy it

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

anywhere good in the west of ireland? Galway/Mayo area.. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭nicol

Gal44 wrote: »
    anywhere good in the west of ireland? Galway/Mayo area.. thanks

It's a bit of a drive from but the Ailwee Caves is a great spot. We went there last year with our then 3 year old and he loved it. As a previous poster mentioned it is a bit expensive but they put a lot of effort into the whole experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭yoda2001

We went to the zoo last year and it was good. We booked around the start of November. You get a huge breakfast which makes the waiting pleasant.

• Advertisement
Advertisement