Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2.2dci No power

Options
  • 22-10-2011 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hi,

Recently had some trouble with my Almera 2.2dci.
    Started fine one day then drove for a short while ~5 mins, stopped and went to restart 5 mins later and it wouldn't start. Last turn on the ignition the dash lights flashed inconsistently and the petrol needle jumped up and down.
    Mechanic had a look at it and replaced the battery.
    Ever since, it starts fine, but there is no power whatsoever - less power than a 1l micra even. I've read reports of limp mode and also a dirty EGR valve, but would the egr valve dirty that quickly?
    I think replacing the battery had something to do with it, as it was fine up until then, plenty of power etc.

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,153 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Could be a number of things, you really need to get it hooked up to a diagnositc computer which can read any error codes that the ECU records. Most indy garages these days can read the ECU error codes and it will give you a better idea of where the problem may be.

Advertisement