Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doing Leaving Cert Biolology outside of school

Options
  • 21-10-2011 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Has anyone done or know how to go about studying pass leaving cert BIOLOGY outside of school and what is the best way to do the the 20 or so mandatory experiments that are required? Thanks so much.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

You could just not do them and say you did. In fact, you'd probably never even have to say you did them. It really all comes down to describing the experiments in the exam.

To study leaving cert biology, in or outside of school, the best thing to do is read the book. The more time you spend reading the book the better you will do. Even the experiments you have done, you will end out reading about in the book.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭ClimberC

Id say your best bet is to study from the book as much as you can. when i was doing the leaving, i found it easier if i also read different biology books to get a different perspective. If you google "leaving cert biology" a really good site will pop up (cant remember what it is)

Do all the past papers, both ordinary and higher level, alternate them.
    Closer to the exam, get a couple of grinds to cover any topics you srnt 100% on.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 laramay

Thank you both so much for this information.

Advertisement