Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Curious at what will happen at booking appointment in hospital?

Options
  • 20-10-2011 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hey Im nearly 10 weeks pregnant after 2 miscarriages. I got a scan at 5 weeks with this pregnancy and they brought me in at 7 weeks again as there was nothing to be seen so early on. So we've established baby has a heartbeat and ive booked in with my gp and had a checkup but i now have my booking appointment at the rotunda in 2 weeks and im not sure will i get another scan or not. Some people say I wont get scanned again to 20 weeks this can't be true.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭purplecat

at the booking appointment do your bloods, take history, might give you another scan, depends on who you see. because of your history they might see you for more scans, always ring up and asked - congrats and best of luck to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 wyneo

At my booking appointment in the Rotunda (about 3 months ago) it was the blood test, weight, Blood pressure, medical history etc but also the scan.
    So I'd assume you'd have a scan.

Very best of luck with everything and congratulations ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭qwertytlk

Hi congrats.
    I wont repeat whats already been said, but just in regard to the scans - you get a scan at your booking appointment, its just to date the pregnancy and check heartbeat. Then your next scan wouldnt usually be untill 20-22weeks. Thats your big scan where they check babs measurements, organs, blood flow and the placenta and cord. This is the norm but because of your history you may have a scan before 20 weeks.
    Best of luck with everything and enjoy your pregnancy!

Advertisement