Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maxamise your points?

Options
  • 20-10-2011 8:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I'm repeating my leaving cert this year, and just wondering if any of you wise people had any tips on how I could increase my points this year, apart from the obvious of studying more.
    Any valuable study tips that worked, tips on doing study plans, notes? Am I best just to study from the exam questions?
    Any websites that would be good for study notes, or where I could get like, mp3's for the orals, and stuff like that.
    I didn't fail anything in my subjects, and did relatively well, getting 375 points, but it wasn't enough for my course, so I need a serious improvement.
    I'm doing Geography, Biology, Chemistry, English, Irish and French this year, so anyone who has any particular information for any of those subjects, please do let me know what you find works!
    Anything you can offer that might help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 HaileeSarah

To be honest i find that studying with exam papers is really your best option, it tells you what has come up and shows you patterns and gets you to understand the questions more. Also i find the revise wise's handy because they also show you topics that haven come up and show you how often they have come up. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

To maximise points you need firstly to pick your subjects carefully.
    Some subjects are easier to do well in than others.
    Most people ignore this fact and choose subjects they like or think that they might do well in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

I'm repeating my leaving cert this year, and just wondering if any of you wise people had any tips on how I could increase my points this year, apart from the obvious of studying more.
    Any valuable study tips that worked, tips on doing study plans, notes? Am I best just to study from the exam questions?
    Any websites that would be good for study notes, or where I could get like, mp3's for the orals, and stuff like that.
    I didn't fail anything in my subjects, and did relatively well, getting 375 points, but it wasn't enough for my course, so I need a serious improvement.
    I'm doing Geography, Biology, Chemistry, English, Irish and French this year, so anyone who has any particular information for any of those subjects, please do let me know what you find works!
    Anything you can offer that might help would be greatly appreciated.

Geography - Rapid revision
    Biology - Revise wise (probably the best revision book ever)
    Chemistry - Rapid revision and exam question after exam question!!
    English - Key notes enough said:)
    Irish - Put your all into the oral. Read the poetry regularly. And don't get too worried about the poetry and prose. Rapid revision again here
    French - rapid revision

For irish and french the grammar is very important.

Biology and chemistry constant emphasis on the exam papers really and notes

Geography learn the key areas perfectly - map skills, landform, human interactions etc

English - read and keep reading
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

Sunny!! wrote: »
    English - Key notes enough said

I'd agree Key Notes is excellent! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭F9Devil

Chemistry will soak up a lot of your time if you want to do well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement