Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to change from Digiweb Broadband

Options
  • 20-10-2011 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi everyone.

I'm currently with Digiweb Broadband, using their broadband Chatterbox bundle which is supposed to provide 4Mb/s download speeds on Metro wireless.

I'm looking to change to another provider, as in the past two months my download speeds have taken a nosedive to around 200 to 500 Kb/s - barely
    faster than a dialup connection. I have contacted support, where they advised me to only download during off-peak times :eek:

I'd like advice from anyone out there in the Meelick/Parteen/Ardnacrusha area of Clare/Limerick that have either a DSL or wireless connection that provides average speeds and isn't congested to the point of being unusable.

Best regards.
    Martin.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ma11achy

Looks like jumping up and down and pointing out the capacity issues has got Digiweb's attention.

Looks like I was moved to a less contented channel of their transciever this morning. I tested it just now and speeds were back to advertised levels for the package.

I'll keep monitoring the link over the next few months to see how speeds are.
    Good for them - I'd rather not move away from Digiweb, as they're a good supplier - when contention is dealt with.

Martin.

Advertisement