Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FETAC LEVEL 5 - WORK EXPERIENCE

Options
  • 20-10-2011 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Sorry for the capitals. But it has to be done. I know for the FETAC Level 5 - LAboratory Techniques we have to complete 10 days Work Exp. We also have to record them in a diary for the 10 days.

Is there a specific layout for the diary?

Our work experience assessor is very unhelpful

Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

apkbarry wrote: »
    Sorry for the capitals. But it has to be done. I know for the FETAC Level 5 - LAboratory Techniques we have to complete 10 days Work Exp. We also have to record them in a diary for the 10 days.

Is there a specific layout for the diary?

Our work experience assessor is very unhelpful

Thanks for any help!
    I hated filling that blooming journal. I just finished that module and the way I did it was to take notes during my day of work, each entry dated and written as a reflective diary as how your day went, what you could have done better or what could be changed about your day. I will root out a few notes and pm you if that's ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭apkbarry

That would be deadly. The woman we have is a bloody nightmare, she keeps saying 'no, we haven't got to that yet'. But the thing being Lab Tech only do ten days work experience with it being 1 day a week. Pharmacy Tech have to do every friday... Which is a disadvantage cause I have already completely three days and I still have no clue what to do.

I have wrote down what I did every day, but that is literally it.

That would be deadly. The woman we have is a bloody nightmare, she keeps saying 'no, we haven't got to that yet'. But the thing being Lab Tech only do ten days work experience with it being 1 day a week. Pharmacy Tech have to do every friday... Which is a disadvantage cause I have already completely three days and I still have no clue what to do.

It's to show how you could do your job better and put previous modules learnings into practice, some of your journal will be repetitive. What college are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭kob29

Go into easons and spend 10 mins looking at this book, theres usually a section in the back with a sample diary day layout in it, there was in the previous editions anyway.

http://www.gillmacmillan.ie/work-experience

Poor form not having the guidelines if you're started placement already...lazy tutor alert

Pm sent

• Advertisement
Advertisement