Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IT and behaviour modification

Options
  • 20-10-2011 5:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

So...basically i'd like to hear any examples of how ye believe IT affects behaviour, in particular, how it has the potential to change it...but I have to be sure to keep an IT focus predominantly..but I can delve into psychology (in particular the implications which said technologies have on subjects' psyches)
    So far i've come up with:
    1)Shock punishment as utilised in the Judge Rotenberg Centre
    2) Supermax prisons and how they can really play with an inmates sanity levels..due to the lack of human contact
    3) Technology's role in subliminal advertising..
    4) How potentially dangerous people can be put on house arrest due to the attachment of a tracking device..that obviously affects behaviour..
    5) I was thinking maybe bio feedback...as in a person learns how unhealthy they are and subsequently changes eating habbits or something to that effect.

I'm pretty much scraping the barrel here so any help at all would be appreciated! :)

EDIT: Cyber relationships/cyber bullying/social networking cannot be discussed...if anyone can think of more direct ways it can modify behaviour, that would be great

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

Do your own homework.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 iphonerose

Thanks a million!! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

1) 2) 3) Not really to do with IT are they?

Look up a definition of IT again.
    Gathering data (text, speech/ audio, video, other), storing it, processing it into other forms and distributing it.

At the rugby world cup every team will be recording the games, putting copies of the game onto their computers (you usually see the coaching staff in the dugouts with macbooks running sportscode), tagging the scrums, lineouts and just about everything to do with each player. Then the players and coaches will try to use that to improve the way in which the player reacts to situations.

Or how about Nike sending data gathered from your boots, through your phone and logging it on social websites concentrating on athletics providing a degree of competition, co-operation. There might be papers on this old technology by now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 iphonerose

hmmm i think i'm mixing up IT and just plain old technology ...crud...
    the topic of IT and rugby/ IT and any sport has been done and cannot be done again...
    Sincere thanks for your help tho :)

Advertisement