Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New ranking format announced

Options
  • 20-10-2011 12:01pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭

The WPBSA today announced a new ranking system which will take effect from next season. The list will increase from 96 players to 128 players and will be based on money won in events. There of course will be some who disagree with this but in my opinion it's the fairest way and it brings the ranking system up to date alongside other ranking systems in other sports.
    For example on the current ranking list Ronnie O'Sullivan is currently in 12th place whilst on the new list he is in 2nd place. Some may argue that he hasn't done much in certain events this season but he has won two PTC events earning himself £20,000 in the process hence his ranking as number 2.
    Alongside the new structure will be the guarantee that new professionals such as the winners from Q School will now hold their tour card for a guaranteed two years

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

I think this is a great idea!

There has been so much arguing over ranking tournaments. Well my interpretation is that it's mostly over the prestige of each of the tournaments and the cost involved of getting to low paid ranking tournaments.

I do wonder though, will it hinder the growth of snooker in non snooker countries, which would be a great shame if it did!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I wonder if its anything to do with the claim not so long ago from Ronnie that he was being 'raped' by the WPBSA. :rolleyes:

Advertisement