Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Im blocking my emotions

Options
  • 20-10-2011 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

I've known this for quite a while but I need to address it.
    I've been to a few counsellors over the years. I am able to put words on my difficulties, on why I feel the way I do and why I end up getting depressed. But when I feel emotion coming from within I tend to block it, to push it down. This is understandable cause in the past I have had nervous breakdowns of sorts. But I know to move on I need to connect with myself inside and until I do I wont be fully able to fall in love, to feel real joy. I also know that to do this may mean feeling worse for a time or opening myself up to powerful negative emotions.
    Has anyone else had this problem. Or can you advise how I really start to do this. Are there specific exercises I can do.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭john 08

Snip

(sry mods if my mg is against forum regulations).

Sorry John it is, we can't allow personal advise here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Sorry MNB, we cannot give personal advise on this forum, try posting on Personal Issues you will get a response there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement