Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*ECONOMICS* - ACHIEVING THE A1*

Options
  • 19-10-2011 11:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hey everyone, esp. Economics students, past and present! :cool:

Any advice on getting that Economics A1? In the final year, any good books? Websites? Notes? Links? etc.

I'm DESPERATE to get an A1/2 in the subject. My life basically depends on it.
    I'd really appreciate some help and/or advice!

Thanking you kindly. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 CPFC IRL

For the short and long questions just print off the sample answers from examinations.ie for the last 10 years and go thru them all two or three times over the year.Use the first page of the exam papers for the list of topics and tick each one off when youve gone thru the last 10 years of answers .Very quickly you will get used to the structure required and notice every topics questions repeat themselves just being worded slighty differently

For Definitions use the list of key ones in the exam papers and use the ones in the Rapid revision book there are only 30 or so keys one they will probably ask

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Any other advice?. Is it a bad idea to totally dismiss Oligopoly/Capital?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 CPFC IRL

The course is very short so if I were you I wouldnt leave anything out it seems their now incorporating as many elements as they can into questions to avoid people cutting parts of the course out and then something you cut out could appear in the short questions anyway.You should be able to cover the whole course a few times over the year so in this subject an A1 is very achievable mind you I only got an A2 but I was very close haha

Advertisement