Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a JamVox...

Options
  • 19-10-2011 10:03pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭

This is my first time having a piece of kit that plugs into my PC, so i was really apprehensive about how crappy it might sound! Coming from my Fender Blues Deluxe with some nice pedals infront of it I wasn't expecting much...but GOD DAMN!

It is actually fantastic, at the minute I have a Fender Tweed type amp and cab setup, with a tubescreamer esque pedal infront of it and it sounds incredible! Honestly can't believe how good it sounds. And i'm currently just playing it through it's own crappy speakers!

Just thought i'd post about some new kit that has blown me away!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

What's the instrument forum equivalent of "pics or GTFO", "sounds or GTFO" maybe?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Malice wrote: »
    What's the instrument forum equivalent of "pics or GTFO", "sounds or GTFO" maybe?

Fair enough. I'll put up a video later!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Sweet!
    How much did it set you back?
    I've been contemplating getting some guitar software but I'm a bit lost when It comes to this end of stuff really, I only know hardware. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

CianRyan wrote: »
    Sweet!
    How much did it set you back?
    I've been contemplating getting some guitar software but I'm a bit lost when It comes to this end of stuff really, I only know hardware. :rolleyes:

£99 incl delivery, not too bad i guess. I couldn't get my webcam to work last night...hence the lack of a video:(

I just needed something I could plug a set of headphones into being honest. 40 watts of Blues Deluxe madness was just too loud:D

Better late than never right?:D:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Nice use of the SRV lick in there a few times!

Cool video, dude!

Ravelleman wrote: »
    Nice use of the SRV lick in there a few times!

Cool video, dude!

Cheers man! That lick pretty much features every single time I play lol. Need to get some new variation in my licks, they're getting a bit tired at the mo!

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Paolo_M

Malice wrote: »

Clips or it's a Boogera

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Nice! Whats the setup on your strat?

efla wrote: »
    Nice! Whats the setup on your strat?

Cheers, the strat is a stock Bacchus G-Player. Best. Guitar. Ever:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭icanmunch

that sounds unreal! where did you pick it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭boycey

Cheers man! That lick pretty much features every single time I play lol. Need to get some new variation in my licks, they're getting a bit tired at the mo!

Tired licks? Sounded great, as usual Alan. If you're licks are tired dude, mine are positively narcoleptic!
    The Jam Vox sounds good. I have to pick up another Pocket Pod soon. As much as I love my amp, a nice headphone set up is a must, great for jamming along with the MP3 player too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

Great playing!
    Interested in one of these or something like it. Does it make any noise without the computer on? Can you just plug your guitar in and play?

icanmunch wrote: »
    that sounds unreal! where did you pick it up?

You can get some good sounds out of it alright! I picked it up from this site: http://www.dv247.com

It was on sale at the time, i think it was £99.
    boycey wrote: »
    Tired licks? Sounded great, as usual Alan. If you're licks are tired dude, mine are positively narcoleptic!
    The Jam Vox sounds good. I have to pick up another Pocket Pod soon. As much as I love my amp, a nice headphone set up is a must, great for jamming along with the MP3 player too.

Ah you're too kind man! You're no slouch on the guitfiddle either!
    Great playing!
    Interested in one of these or something like it. Does it make any noise without the computer on? Can you just plug your guitar in and play?

I just have it sitting on top of my desktop when i'm not using it, and it's always plugged in. When I want to use it I fire up the jamvox software and plug in my guitar. It does need a pc though, and make sure your PC/Mac is fast enough, my crappy netbook wont run it properly, it destroys the CPU.

Advertisement