Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amount of study ?

Options
  • 19-10-2011 7:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hey Guys :o Just wondering how much time do all you sixth year(past or present) students spend REALISTICALLY on study a night? Because all I seem to do is count down the minutes in my school's after school study!!Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

On a scale of 1-10? Minus one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 DefyingGravity

Haha great to know I'm not the only one ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

Depends really....first off - you're not studying properly if you're counting down time! Really bad habit that means you're actually distracted from doing proper effective study.

Personally - I'd say 3 hours of decent study is enough - and add on the time it takes for people to settle into studying ect its more like 3h30. The first 15ish minutes I'd usually be distracted :) same for after the break.

Like, you should be focused on what you're doing. In the long run you'll learn more. You're better off doing 2 hours doing proper study than spending 5 hours sitting staring at a book and not really learning.

Good Luck. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I'm getting on average about 2hours a night, 2.5 3 on rare occasions. Its about half and half study and homework. Nothing gets done on the weekends though :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Rickyy

I get home for 5, get done with homework for 7:30, have dinner etc til 8. Maybe spend 30mins-1Hr online. Wheres the study time?

I'll only do study in a subject I get no homework for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

I would but by the evening i generally tire and lose concentration...I could spend an hour at writing a few lines :( Tonight for example I plannned to study all the new french tenses we've covered, I failed miserably though :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Micklaus

When I was in sixth year (I'm not that old!) a teacher recommended three hours.........after homework!

Stuff like that is just unrealistic but an hour thirty separate from homework should be reachable most of the time.

Also utilise the weekend, if you get up at a decent time and give a couple of hours you will still have the rest of the day to kick around with your mates.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

a little every night read over notes for about 30 minutes
    on a serious study night about to hours maybe

Advertisement