Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HubHouse - a hub for internet startups

Options
  • 19-10-2011 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi all,

I'm involved in setting up HubHouse (www.hubhouse.org) a startup hub in Cabinteely that is about to open. If anyone is interested, please get in touch.

Thanks,
    Niall

---

Opening in November 2011, Hub House is both a house and an office space, where teams come together, projects get worked on and businesses get started. Think "Little mansion" meets "tech hub". There is space for 5 people to live in the House full time. This is the core of The Hub - a big house, which will be separate from the work space. There are 5 double rooms, living areas, TVs and sofas, a big kitchen, a laundry room etc. A bedroom with additional working space in the office is only €600 / month.

The house is located just off the M50 at Cabinteely, a 5 minute walk from the green line Luas (30 mins to Stephen's Green), with parking spots for 12 cars.

We're aiming to create an atmosphere that blends really ambitious, productive, innovative work with a fun, relaxed place to live - we have super high speed internet, but we also have a 5-a-side pitch in the garden. There will be all night hackathons, but also beers and bbqs. A Halloween party, a tech networking evening, movie nights, a hackathon and a halo tournament are all in the works for the next few months.

The House also has a large working space for non-residents. This is the ideal set up for a new venture - a working space with loads of like minded people to bounce ideas off, but without having to pay full rent for an office. Non residents can get a desk in the office for only €150 per month. This also includes full access to the house facilities including the training & mentoring we provide (run by Create Ireland)

Here are a few of the businesses that members of House Hub are already working on:
    * Minders.ie - A daft.ie for childminders and parents
    * CherryText - A Facebook app for free webtexts
    * Amp Music Marketing - An online marketing agency for the music business
    * Popsleds.com - Importing sleds from China for the big snow this winter!
    * Zulunotes.com - An online resource for Leaving Cert Study Notes
    * Early Entrepreneurs - A "Young Entrepreneurs" project which raises money for charity
    * A few others still in development, too secret to share!

If you are a developer, designer or tech entrepreneur and want to live and/or work in a space like this please get in touch, you can come for a tour and I can tell you all the finer details.

Niall and Peter

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭YouBuyLocal

Great idea, but as a tech entrepreneur with my own platform, we are working from a combined apartment. Can't afford €600pm + its too far out.

Is it a business or a way of making money out of a big empty house?

Also, I would like to get in touch with the lads from Early Entrepreneurs, might have something of interest to them.

Your fb page is a bit sparse of details.

I was involved with a crowd that wanted to do this, would like to hear about how yee get on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

Great idea, but as a tech entrepreneur with my own platform, we are working from a combined apartment. Can't afford €600pm + its too far out.

But the 600pm price is for a bedroom that fits 1-3 beds, so if people like the atmosphere in the house they can move in and live there.

It's only 150pm for a desk space. Seems like a damn good price to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 DomPedroII

Hi YouBuyLocal,

Thanks for the feedback. We are tech entrepreneurs ourselves looking to build a good working environment. It's not a commercial venture - we'll be investing the excess in improving the house or else reducing the rent.

If you want to come out, even out of curiosity, it would be great to see you. If any of your old group are still interested we would love to hear from them.

All the best,
    Niall

P.S. Peter is starting the Early Entrepreneurs, so he would be happy for you to give him a shout.

Hey Niall,

Might do actually, are yee about on the weekend? Didn't realise it was live in, could be really cool, very west coast tech-style, love the endeavour anyha :)

We are actually looking for a place for three people. We were going to work from an apartment in town but we are not cash-heavy, to put it in a nice way :)

One lad lives in Sandymount and another Castleknock, so would be a stretch for him to travel out, but would definitely be interested in this.

If you are around on Saturday we can head out, or Sunday afternoon either?

Kind Rgds,
    Ciarán

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 DomPedroII

Hi Ciarán,

Sunday afternoon would be great. I can pick you guys up from the Luas stop and show you the place. I'm sure we can make the place work well for you.

I'll PM you now with contact details.

All the best,
    Niall

Advertisement