Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet Insurance Questions

Options
  • 19-10-2011 12:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭

Just got a quote off allianz for Pet insurance for my dog , they asked if she had ever been to the vet for anything I said nothing serious she did hurt her leg but was grand in a few days , Should I of mentioned it ? Just a bit worried that they wouldn't cover her if I said yes ? Would that interfere with claiming in the future ? I mean what pet hasn't been to the vet at some stage ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

They will cover you, but you wont be covered for any pre-existing conditions your dog has had or suffered from, so should your dog have problems with the leg as before, it wont be covered.

They will want old records of the illnesses/injuries your dog has when or if you need to claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Wisco

If you ever claim in future for an injury to that leg it is possible that they could say it was a preexisting condition, but it shouldn't affect payment for other problems in future. If you make a claim,the full clinical history gets sent to allianz, so they will know about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭lil_tuts

Great thanks guys may need a chat with my Vet so because I can see problems with that Leg down the road I have a feeling its Arthritis setting in :( I would pay no matter what anyway would obviously be better if Insurance covered it though :(

Advertisement